Tourism Students Visit the Videotron Centre
First and second year students in the Bilingual Tourism Program were among the first people to step foot in the new Videotron Centre. Hopes are that the new amphitheatre will draw even more tourists to Quebec City all year round to partake in various sporting events and concerts.
Students were impressed by the architecture and the vast space in the entrance hall, which was inspired by Quebec’s warm summers and cold winters. The large windows on the 6th floor provide a breath-taking view of the city of Quebec.
While watching the video presentation prepared for this special event, students learned many facts about the new Videotron Centre. Depending on the type of event (there are 7 different configurations), between 13 000 and 20 220 spectators can be comfortably seated. For hockey fans, the video show paid tribute to some of the great players of Quebec, while history fans also learned more about Quebec City’s love of hockey and concerts from decades gone by.
Before exiting the building, students had the opportunity the walk down onto the ice and get a better sense of just how big this new amphitheatre really is.
- Diplômée de Trent University, au baccalauréat en science de l’environnement et biologie, 1995
- Guide touristique et guide interprète - Parcs Canada, Ontario et l’état d’Arkansas
- Enseignante de l’anglais langue seconde depuis 2001
- Enseignante au Cegep Champlain St-Lawrence depuis 2002
- English for Tourism
- Professional Communication
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Tourism Analysis of Canada and US Regions